Getting Around Seattle
I have lived in the Puget Sound area for thirteen years, and while our transit system is not the best organized, it can get you form A to B – eventually.
Below are some tools I use daily and weekly to find my way around.
- One Bus Away - Provides (usually accurate) real time arrival information.
- Google Maps
- Sound Transit - Interagency connections by bus and by rail.
- ORCA website - ORCA is the card that will let you use all of these systems (except the Monorail.)
- WSDOT - WSDOT information for mountain passes and ferries.
- King County Water Taxi - can be useful.
- Seattle Streetcar - Mostly a joke of a system, but can be convenient from time to time.
- Seattle Monorail - With two stops, this is definitely a joke, but it has history and for some reason it is considered part of the transit system of Seattle.